- since 2015: CNRS research scientist (CR, chargé de recherche), LECA, Grenoble, France.
- 2011 - 2015: Research associate with Wilfried Thuiller and
Sébastien Lavergne, LECA, Grenoble, France.
- 2009 - 2010: Postdoctoral fellow with Wilfried Thuiller and
Sébastien Lavergne, Laboratoire d'Ecologie Alpine,
CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research) and Université J. Fourier, Grenoble, France.
- 2008 - 2009: Postdoctoral fellow with Justin Travis,
Institute of Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Great Britain.
- 2004 - 2008: PhD student with Karin Johst and
Harald Bugmann, Ecological Modelling,
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research Leipzig, UFZ, Germany and Forest Ecology, Department of Environmental Sciences, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- 2008: Doctor of Sciences, awarded with the ETH Medal, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Thesis: Density regulation: Linking theory and applications to understand population- to community-level dynamics and responses to environmental change?
- 2007: Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Statistics, ETH Zurich, Switzerland (30 ECTS points)
Thesis: Habitat loss and dynamic habitat patches in fragmented landscapes: How sensitive is species coexistence?
- 2004: Diploma, Biology, Philipps-University of Marburg, Germany
Thesis: Metapopulation survival in dynamic landscapes: Interaction of local dynamics and dispersal
- 2003: Diploma, Psychology, Philipps-University Marburg, Germany
Thesis: Quality of life and environmental perception as functions of natural values
- 1995: Abitur, Kardinal-von-Galen Gymnasium Mettingen, Germany